20080205

Happy fat tuesday

When I am down and out, I like to cook. So after this weekend I needed some alone time with my knife and stove. Since it is Fat Tuesday (completely forgot until I saw it on the news this morning). I decided to do some cooking New Orleans style. For dinner today we had Cajon steamed rice, with shrimp etouffee. It was a leap culinary, and it turned out scrumdidilyumtious. It is something I am going to be cooking again in the future. Maybe next year some of you will come visit during the Mardi Gras season to experience my good foods.

1 comment:

Girls on Speed said...

Jeffrey, Karen & "X" Man ... thanks again for the hospitality this weekend! It was great celebrating Xavier's baptism. You guys handled the "activity" beautifully! (Tell Xavier there were moments we all felt like screaming - so we lived vicariously through the cutie pie). Jeff - if you get a minute, send me your recipe! Sounds uber-yummy!

Kate & I are committing to doing "simple meals" during Lent. I made a killer batch of lentil/ quinoa soup. Let me know if you want that recipe!

Love you guys!