20080416

addicted to today

I am addicted to the today show. Xavier's schedule has balanced out and generally i am awaken by his squawking at about 6:50, plenty of time to turn on the today show at 7:0. After that the tv stays on NBC until noon, when I realize it is still on, and the turn it off. Lately, i find myself saying the following allot, "yesterday on today..." Well I feel i need to share two stories with you because they are funny/ironic.
1) water bottles cause cancer. SO this is not funny, but in my story it turns out to be quite ironic. It has been discovered lately that one of the components(BPA)in the chemical composition of some water bottles have been linked to the cause of cancer. Apparently the way to tell if you are at risk is to look at the bottom of your bottle and look for a recycle triangle. Inside this triangle is a number which indicates which chemical composition your bottle has. If it has a 3,6 or 7, you may be at risk. The down side to this story id that it does not only apply to water bottles like nalgene, but it also applies to baby bottles, and all other plastic containers. Nor the intro to the irony. Even though I do not believe in global warming, and am convinced that nuclear power is the way to go, I AM a big supporter of cleaning up the world, and doing what we can to help each other live life to the fullest. Basically even though we, as people, can not destroy the earth, we should not try to. This being said, I am a sucker for products that donate to a cause. I have blogged on this before. I like the (red) line. I am more inclined to by things that donate then things that do not, especially if it is something i was going to buy anyway. About a year ago, Target had a big Susan G Colman product push in support of breast cancer research. One thing that they had an over abundance of was cute little pink sport bottles. Karen, at the time, was looking for one that was skinny, with a narrow mouth, that she could carry around work without bumping into people. So i bought one.We needed one, and it supported A very very important cause. Now we find out that the pink, Susan G Colman, supporting breast cancer research, drink out of me while you run a marathon, bottle that i purchased has been found to increase your chance in developing cancer. If that is not ironic, I do not know what is.
2) this is a "you don't say" story. Last week they did a expose on "the hidden dangers of gymnastics" and one thing that they took the liberty of pointing out was that of the hundreds of thousands gymnastics injuries that show up in the emergency room every year, %80 are female. "you don't say." I wonder if that is because about %80 of gymnasts are female????

No comments: