20080714

WTF? A-B goes to the Belgians

"The board of directors of Anheuser-Busch Cos. on Sunday accepted a $52 billion takeover offer from Belgium's InBev, putting a quick end to a monthlong standoff between the companies. The agreement paves the way for a brewing colossus controlling about a quarter of the world's beer market."
By Jeremiah McWilliams, Jeffrey Tomich and Angela Tablac
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

link here

I am not a big beer drinker, and I have little "home town" alliance, BUT how could they do it. the Clydesdales, the history, the st Louis love. It is all very sad.

and yes, as we all know, I did not grow up "in" St Louis. But close enough.

2 comments:

GrandmaSharon said...

yes, and the worst part is Grants Farm will be affected and I have not seen it yet.

Unknown said...

Whoa. What about Busch Gardens?? Thanks for the hot-button news item! :) Looking forward to more pics of the boy *hint, hint* Have you checked out my pitiful blog since I added pictures?