20080205

Oh, what a weekend

Two big events this past weekend... On Saturday Karen and I (along with John and Tara) went to the 20th annual sweethearts ball in celebration of Methodist hospital centennial. At the party we did some pretend gambling and learned the rules of blackjack. We also got skipped for the buffet line. Somehow the "captain" forgot we were there, and gave the ok to start moving to the desert course before we had even gotten dinner. There was almost a mutiny, but he realized his error and let us eat. Then there was a slide show and dancing. It was fun except for the fact that I was fighting off a cold. Here is a picture of Karen and me.



















We also had X’s Baptism on Sunday. The boy decided to be happy and quiet most of the morning and into mass, but screamed his lungs out during the entire baptism proceedings. I am sure that the parents of the other two babies being baptized will be shooting us dagger eyes if we run across them again. The frustration of my screaming child and the 50 people giving advice as to how I should calm him was compounded by the fact I was fighting off a cold, still. Afterwards we went back to our house where I quickly got a lunch together and tried to calm myself down. I am sure it was not as bad as I am implying, but it was not my best moment. John and Tara were X’s godparents and most of Karen’s family was able to attend, along with my mom, dad, sister, cousin and grandmother. Here are some pictures

This is Karen, x and I , along with John Tara and the priest














This is xavier and his great grandma Boots














Xavier with Grandma Sharon, and gramps














Xavier and Grandmere



















Monday I slept until 10, had a few pancakes, took a bath, slept some more. I also went in to work and had a small temper tantrum mainly do to the fact I was fighting off a cold…still. Finally, sometime last night, my fever broke and I am feeling much better today. However I am not so eagerly anticipation X’s bought with what I am sure I was able to pass on to him.

No comments: